Rwanda Gorilla Trek Safari
You will be met by land tour and travel driver/guide in Kigali at 0430 hrs in the morning and be transferred for a 2 hours’ drive to Ruhengeri area the second largest town to Rwanda, with its stunning backdrop of five volcanic mountains – The Virungas for Rwanda gorilla trek. Continue to Kinigi park headquarters – Kinigi to meet your guides for the day. After completing our park formalities, we are embarking on a once in a lifetime experience of tracking mountain gorillas. Once you spot them you are allowed to spend an hour watching your closest long lost cousin.
This is perhaps one of the most breath-taking wildlife experiences on earth!!! You get so close to these awesome giant primates. You stare at each other blankly not knowing who to break the long silence first. Tracking the gorillas through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga is a magical experience.
These massive primates are extremely rare, with less than 700 living today. You will get within meters of the family, and be privileged to spend an hour amongst them. The trekking may be fairly strenuous; up to six hours or longer at a relatively high altitude.
We encourage for your own enjoyment to make sure that you are perfectly fit and healthy. (We’ve had people as old as 70 years old do gorilla tracking so this should not be a problem; all you need is to ask your driver guide to request a shorter group for you if you cannot trek far)It is important to bring good hiking boots, long trousers, gloves for protection against stinging nettles, some snacks & sweets (for you, not the gorillas) as well as sufficient water as the rain forest gets hot and humid during the day. You will spend one hour with the gorillas in Rwanda, but it is an hour you will never forget. Return to Ruhengeri to freshen up and have lunch then depart for a 2 hours’ drive back to Kigali arriving for a drop off at the city center.
Driving distance: 2 hours (Each Way)
Activities: Gorilla Tracking
Meal Plan: Lunch
- Transport in a 4WD safari vehicle exclusive to you
- English speaking driver guide
- All guide fees
- One Gorilla tracking permit per person
- International flights & Visas
- Travel Insurances
- Driver guide or local escort tips
- Drinks and dining rooms tips, porter age, personal travel and baggage
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
- Activities not mentioned in the program
VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
All African adventures and activities are offered in cooperation with the Rwanda Development Borde (RBD) authorities, and Rwanda gorilla tours will be accompanied and guided by park staff and guards.
A VISIT TO THE VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK INCLUDES:
- Land Tour and Travel day tour — mountain gorilla trekking (including 1 hour with the great apes, guaranteed);
- 1-day hiking and mountain climbing (Mt. Bisoke – 3,711m) ;
- 2 days hiking and mountain climbing (Mt. Karisimbi – 4,507m, overnight camping);
- Golden Monkey trekking;
- Visit to the Karisoke Research Centre;
- Visit to the tomb of the legendary Dian Fossey;
- Nature walk (view volcano flora and fauna).
Fill in The form to send an inquiry on this itinerary!